A walk incorporating Kenninghall's new woods
|Reg. Charity No. 1096221
Distance: approx. 2.5 miles
It is worth noting the varied medieval houses in Church Street and a walk around the outside of St. Marys Church is always of
interest. A key to the church is available.
- Start from Market Place (1)
- Walk up West Church Street, passing St Mary's Church and the Red Lion. Turn Right immediately
into Red Lion Lane. (2)
- Cross the bridge over the Beck and turn left (3) and continue to
- Kenninghall wood (4). Details of the trees are given on an interpretation board.
- Now follow the footpath to Hemp Meadow Wood - information again on an interpretation board (5)
- Continuing on the public footpath, turn left at Heath Road. (6)
Walk to the T-Junction, turning left into the top of East Church Street. (7)
- Contnue to the large Georgian house on the left (The Grange) and take the rough concrete public footpath signed opposite. (8)
- Continue on this track until reaching a footpath sign veering to the left (9). Take this path, turning left at NCC sign
onto open farmland.
- Crossing field, join Mill Lane at 2nd NCC sign and continue back to Church Street and the Red Lion.
The walk may be shortened by walking straight on from (8).
|Kenninghall Village Store||Red Lion||White Horse
|Monday to Saturday
6.00am - 8.00pm
6.30am - 4.00pm
|Monday to Thursday
12.00 - 3.00pm 6.30 - 11.00pm
Friday to Sunday
Open all day
|Monday 4.30 - 11.00pm
Tuesday to Saturday
12.00 - 11.00pm
Sunday 12.00 - 10.30pm